If you have a website, there is a good chance that you used WordPress to create it. In fact, WordPress is used by 43.2% of all websites on the internet because this website builder is easy to use and allows you to create beautiful and fully functioning websites with very little effort.
But just because WordPress is easy to use, that doesn’t mean that just by logging into the platform you’ll instantly end up with a beautiful website. If you really want to take your WordPress website to the next level, here are some tips that might help you.
Create a Wiki
If you’re using your WordPress website to build and scale a business, one of your first lines of support should be a Wiki. This will allow you to create a knowledge base around the products or services you’re selling and share a plethora of information with your customers and website visitors.
By creating a Wiki, you:
- Allow your customers and website visitors to find answers to questions by themselves without contacting you or your support team.
- Offer non-stop support to your customers, which, in turn, increases customer satisfaction.
- Address any concerns or objections your customers have right away.
- Save money on support staff because you don’t have to hire a lot of people.
When creating a wiki on your WordPress site, you don’t have to try too hard. All you need to do is choose one of the WordPress wiki plugins that will help you provide the best experience for your website visitors.
Just remember that not all plugins were made equal. When evaluating whether or not a plugin would be good for your website, you need to check its speed, ease of use, compatibility with your theme, and whether it has a responsive design.
SEO is a must
You can’t talk about online success without mentioning SEO because those two go hand in hand. Since search engines are the starting point for 68% of online experiences, it’s very important to optimize your website in a way that makes it appealing for search engines.
Google uses a plethora of different tactics to rate websites on SERPs (search engine result pages). Website owners who focus on SEO take the following things into consideration:
- Using the right keywords, focusing on keyword targeting, and writing content in a way that makes it easy to find thanks to specific keywords.
- Writing perfect meta titles and descriptions that will entice people to click on the website link and explore the site.
- Inserting backlinks that will help you establish domain authority.
One very important thing that will determine your SEO ranking is the hosting you use. Ideally, you should use SEO hosting that will place your website on a unique class C IP address such as 192.168.1.1.
Even if you have more than one website, you can use one single host while SEO hosting multiple IPs. The benefit of using SEO hosting is that in the eyes of Google and other search engines, all of those websites have different hosts and will get better rankings as a result. Each site will have a unique status and you will be able to work on all of them from the same control panel.
Unfortunately, WordPress websites get hacked rather easily if the website owner doesn’t take the right precautions. If just one hacker gets in, they can do irreparable damage, especially if you use your website for business purposes. That is why safety needs to be your top priority.
Here are some ways you can put safety first:
- Find a good host. It’s extremely important to be familiar with the state of WordPress hosting, the differences between hosts, and what kind of security they provide. If the host you choose doesn’t have adequate security, you should use a strong security plugin.
- Use strong passwords. Weak passwords such as “12345” or “password123” are unfortunately very common and a large number of hackers manage to get into a website just by choosing a password. So make sure your password has both upper and lower key letters and a string of random numbers.
- Remove old installations. If your hosting account uses any old installations, make sure to remove them because they’re not very secure, which makes your website vulnerable.
Start a blog
If you don’t have a blog on your website already, it’s time to change that. Blogs are an extremely important and useful asset because they help boost your SEO, keep your website visitors informed, draw in new customers, and allow you to show your expertise in your chosen field.
But don’t just write about anything. The content you create for your blog needs to provide some value to the readers and be filled with useful information. Ideally, it should also be share-worthy so your readers will share it on their social media platforms and bring in more visitors to your website. And since WordPress has a blogging feature, starting a blog will be a piece of cake.
These days, you don’t need coding knowledge to create a website; all you need is WordPress. But with so many WordPress websites out there, if you really want to stand out, you need to know how to take your WordPress website to the next level by using these tips.